I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Accept the Unaccepted

on
11/28/18


I've had a lot of questions about what my plans are as a vegan, how "far out there" am I going to be and the like. One of the questions I got was what am I going to do with all the stuff I own that isn't vegan. Simply put, I won't be doing anything with it. I've already paid for it, it's in my possession and I'm going to use it until I no longer can. Do have makeup that isn't vegan? Yes, while all of my makeup is cruelty free, some of it isn't vegan, and I do not have the means to just throw stuff away and replace it, and I also find that wasteful. My favorite purse is my trusty Longchamp Le Pliage, and I have carried it faithfully everyday for 6+ years. Will I give it to Good Will? Nope. I am aware that while the body is nylon, the handles are in fact real leather.

I don't see the point in giving anything away or worse, throwing it in the trash, I will use it until it's in disrepair and then I will find a suitable vegan replacement for it. This mindset will go into all of my personal belongings, I will use what I already have until I can't, and then I will replace it with something vegan.

I'm sure this goes against what others believe, and some will tell me that I'm not a true vegan, but I'm not in a financial position where I can just throw away a lifetime of possessions and replace them instantly. I have however, begun what I'm calling a no buy. I will obviously not be buying anything in the future that is not vegan. No leather, no makeup, no fleece, etc. Obviously that includes my food, that just goes without saying.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature