I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

The Comeback Kid

on
11/17/18
If I told you the only thing stopping you from being who you want to be is yourself, would you listen? I've heard that same line for 31 years and never stopped until this year to really listen. Every problem I've faced as an adult I have caused. Poor health, lack of money; there is no one but myself to blame. Growing up in the south made this a lot harder on me, you're always expected to look your best, have the best, and make sure you show it off. Or at least that's what I felt. In retrospect the only thing anyone has ever cared about was whether or not you're a good person. Do you have a job you love? Are you a part of your community that gives back? That's what's important. Are you taking care of yourself? Are you working on your faith? These are the questions I get asked more often than not. They are the questions that constantly keep me thinking, am I? Am I where I want to be? Am I who I want to be? What can I change about myself to be better than I am?

I promised myself I would change a lot of aspects in my life in the coming new year but I want to do it a little differently. They say it takes 28 days to break a habit, so I am starting my New Year's resolutions on December 1st. I will write everyday, workout everyday, and everyday, and this is my biggest challenge, I will be vegan. I will not purchase or consume any product that is not 100% plant based starting December 1st. I'm calling this my rule of three. Why am I doing this? I hope to accomplish these changes and stick with them, so I want to start before the head rush that comes with all the excitement that the new year brings. I want it to stick. I want it to work, because I want to change. I want to be a better person. 



I already have a slew of vegan cookbooks, however I felt the need to add to my collection of vegan books to help motivate me and insure success. I recently picked up Vegan Reset by Kim-Julie Hansen and Frugal Vegan by Katie Koteen and Katie Kasbee to help me get started with my vegan lifestyle. I quickly learned before that if done the right way, being vegan is as simple as can be, but it's very easy to go overboard with the exciting pre-made vegan foods like Gardein or Field Roast. I will be trying my best to make every meal I can from scratch and buy what I can in season or bulk to cut down all costs. 


Alongside my plant based diet I will be adding Jillian Michael's Beginner Shred to my daily runs. I saw the dvd skimming through Target and it is geared towards people who don't work out, unlike her other dvds where you need to be somewhat used to cardio in order to participate and keep up with the workouts. There are three levels and three modifiers for each level so I will be using this dvd for a good while before I switch it up. Of course adding to this I will continue my weekly runs at Forsyth Park. I just love running there, I don't mind running around a park versus running the streets because I feel much safer. There is always a police officer there in the mornings and everyone else is out there running or walking there dogs. Plus on Saturdays when I finish my jaunt they have the farmer's market set up and that is my favorite way to spend my Saturday mornings! 
If you've read this far I'd like to thank you, I haven't blogged in sometime and I'm a bit rusty when it comes to putting thoughts into writing but I hope you will stick around. I will be adding to this blog's design over the next couple of weeks so if you come on here and something is out of sorts I do apologize. I will be cleaning up the rest of my social media accounts to mesh with this blog as well, and hopefully the last two years that I haven't written (all past posts have been deleted) won't be for nothing. Stick around awhile, let's be friends and grow together. 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature